Call: 01226 282723
Monday - Friday
COVID-19 Update June 2020
As you may be aware routine Dentistry during COVID-19 was suspended with the outbreak of the Coronavirus. Following the recent Government announcement Queens Road Dental Care will be opening from Monday 15th June, but, please be aware this will not mean business as usual.
Initially we will be providing Emergency Appointments only and continuing to provide telephone advice and support where appropriate. It will be some time before services return to the level you previously experienced. Routine examinations and some non-urgent treatment will be temporarily postponed.
Infection control within the practice is our priority for both patients and staff and requires that we have the correct PPE and social distancing measures in place. Sourcing the PPE is proving to be difficult and this will reflect with the type of treatment we are able to provide at this present time. Hopefully this will be a short-term issue.
If you are given an Emergency Appointment you will be asked some screening questions.
You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
When you arrive at the practice:
• You will be asked to use hand sanitiser when you arrive and again before you leave.
• You will also find that the waiting room might look a little different with two metre markers in place.
Due to the size of the room we are limited to only two seats to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
• You will also notice that the dental team may be wearing different protective equipment to that you have seen in the past.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
How you can help:
• With the exception of children and persons in need, patients should come alone.
• A distance of two metres must be observed if another patient is present in the practice.
• Staff will not shake your hand.
• If you show symptoms following an appointment booking, you should contact the practice by telephone.
• Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside.
• Please do not attend the practice without an appointment.
• Patients should attend wearing a face covering if possible or be prepared to wear one.
We will be doing all we can to ensure you receive the treatment you require in the safest way possible and would like to thank you for your patience during these challenging times. We hope to see you all soon, please stay safe.
Andrew and all the Staff at Queens Road Dental Care
Monday - Thursday 9am - 5.30pm
Friday 9am - 4.30pm CLOSED Mon-Fri 1pm-2pm
Queens Road Dental Care 27 Queens Rd, Barnsley, South Yorkshire S71 1AN